NEW YORK, Nov. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, a pioneer in retirement savings strategies, is now launching Investment Edge(SM), a variable annuity offering a 3-D approach to long-term investing focused on diversification, deferral and distribution.
The innovative features of Investment Edge offer clients:
- Diversification through a comprehensive suite of over 120+ investment options, such as alternative investments, sector funds and ETFs. Investment Edge also offers 38 simple, pre-packaged portfolios to meet a client's individual investment objectives or to target a specific asset class.
- Deferral through tax-deferred asset growth potential. When using Investment Edge for asset accumulation opportunities, clients receive the benefit of income tax deferral. This enables their assets to potentially grow more quickly through the power of compounding – the ability of an asset to generate earnings, which are then reinvested in order to generate their own earnings.
- Distribution of withdrawals based on a variety of customizable, tax-efficient options. Investment Edge features the flexibility to access distributions in multiple ways, including the ability to take payments that are only partially taxed.
"American savers are playing defense against the trifecta of tax code changes, market volatility and prolonged low interest rates – all conditions that affect savings as well as investments and hinder their retirement preparedness," said Nick Lane, Head of AXA Equitable's U.S. Life and Retirement business. "We believe the three-dimensional approach of Investment Edge helps protect against these vulnerabilities by offering a cost-effective way to maximize investment diversification while minimizing tax exposure.
"We are proud of our reputation as an innovator in the retirement industry, and Investment Edge is the next new category for our customers."To learn more about Investment Edge, visit www.InvestmentEdge.com About Investment Edge The Investment Edge variable annuity is a tax-deferred financial product designed to allow you to invest for growth potential and provide income for retirement or other long-term life goals. In essence, an annuity is a contractual agreement in which payment(s) are made to an insurance company, which agrees to pay out income or a lump sum amount at a later date. Variable annuities are subject to market risk including loss of principal. There are fees and charges associated with a variable annuity contract, which include, but are not limited to, operations charges, sales and withdrawal charges and administrative fees. The withdrawal charge declines from 6% to 3% over five years for Investment Edge. Earnings are taxable as ordinary income when distributed and may be subject to an additional 10% federal tax if withdrawn before age 59½. There are certain limitations and restrictions associated with variable annuities. For costs and complete details of coverage, speak to your financial professional/insurance licensed registered representative.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV