Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced an enhanced version of SureDesign software enabling clinical researchers to design customized CGH (comparative genomic hybridization), ChIP-on-chip (chromatin immunoprecipitation), and DNA methylation microarrays for molecular cytogenomics and other applications.
The new version of SureDesign replaces these microarray applications for the eArray platform and provides users with a more streamlined and intuitive design experience. Existing eArray user data has been automatically transferred to the new SureDesign software. Researchers will continue to receive the same unmatched flexibility in microarray design capabilities as before but with greater ease and at speeds up to five times faster.
“The new SureDesign platform is one of the best websites I’ve encountered for online design and molecular biology,” said Dr. Kenneth Beckman, director of the University of Minnesota’s Biomedical Genomics Center. “Transitioning from eArray has been a seamless process, and we are enjoying the remarkable power and flexibility of the platform’s enhanced design tools.”
SureDesign’s expanded design capabilities include a number of important features not available on any other platform:
- SureDesign is the only publicly available microarray design platform in the industry.
- The platform is free to all registered users.
- Unmatched flexibility enables users to design using pre-existing content or from Agilent’s high-definition CGH and location analysis databases.
- SureDesign has both “standard” and “advanced” design settings for easier navigation of routine designs, and it provides advanced users with more control to customize inputs if they choose.
- Arrays are available in eight different formats. Researchers can simultaneously query up to six different genome databases while they individually customize the number of unique probes and level of redundancy they require.
- SureDesign’s intuitive design environment enables researchers to input customizable parameters tailored to their specific needs, allowing more control over the potential for incidental findings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV