Priceline.com's study illustrates that the plethora of travel-related apps available to consumers means that consumers are using their phones for more than just researching travel. In fact, for those respondents who indicated that they use their smartphones for other travel-related purposes, over 50% will use their phones to check the weather at their destinations this holiday season. Approximately 31% will scope out local restaurants, while 26% will check flights, and 14% will actually book a hotel, flight or rental car.
So the moral of this holiday travel season story is "get mobile" to stay a happy traveler. Beyond apps, priceline.com looked at the most coveted mobile travel accessories for this holiday season and found that more than 30% of tech-savvy mobile travelers say they want portable Wi-Fi this gifting season. Twenty-six percent are asking for wireless headphones, while 17% seek wireless speakers, and 12% want wireless activity bands and add-on camera lenses.
Priceline.com, part of The Priceline Group [NASDAQ: PCLN], gives leisure travelers multiple ways to save on their airline tickets, hotel rooms, rental cars, vacation packages and cruises. In addition to getting compelling published prices, travelers can take advantage of priceline.com's famous Name Your Own Price® service, which can deliver the lowest prices available, or the recently added Express Deals SM, where travelers can take advantage of hotel discounts without bidding.SOURCE priceline.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV