The Charles Schwab Corporation has been recognized again for its employee-friendly workplace through two new awards received this month. In Chicago and Austin, Schwab has been named to the lists of Top Workplaces, published by The Chicago Tribune and Austin American-Statesman, respectively. The “Top Workplaces” program is conducted by WorkplaceDynamics, an independent research firm on organizational health and employee engagement, in partnership with many local publications across the United States, including The Austin American-Statesman and Chicago Tribune.
In Chicago and Austin, companies qualified for recognition as a Top Workplace based on employee feedback through a survey conducted by WorkplaceDynamics.
“We are incredibly proud to receive this recognition,” said Joe Vietri, senior vice president and senior location leader for Schwab in Chicago. “We have long had a presence in Chicago and have expanded multiple business functions here over the past several years, and it’s wonderful to see how well our employees have embraced and value the Schwab culture.”
Ben Sheppard, vice president of Schwab Retirement Services and senior location leader for Austin, said, “We are thrilled to get this recognition and so grateful to our employees for placing us on the list. We compete with lots of other companies in recruiting new talent, and being known as a great place to work makes us more appealing to the talented pool of job candidates looking for jobs in Austin.”Other workplace recognition received by Schwab this year includes:
- The Gallup Great Workplace award (2013) for the second consecutive year.
- The Denver Post Top Workplaces 2013
- The Indianapolis Star Top Workplaces 2013
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplaces 2013
- The Bay Area News Group (SF) Top Workplaces 2013
- CareerBuilder Best Companies to Work for in Arizona 2013
- Florida Trend magazine’s Best Companies to Work for in the State of Florida 2013
- Military Times Edge magazine “Best for Vets” (2013) for the fourth consecutive year
- “Best of the Best Top Veteran-Friendly Companies” in the August 2013 issue of U.S. Veterans Magazine for the second consecutive year
- Top Military Friendly Employer ® (2014) by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse.
- Best Place to Work for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Equality (2013), based on a 100 percent rating from the Human Rights Campaign on its annual Corporate Equality Index for the ninth consecutive year
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts