Crosstex Energy (NASDAQ: XTEX) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.20%. Crosstex Energy, L.P. operates as an independent midstream energy company. The average volume for Crosstex Energy has been 438,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Crosstex Energy has a market cap of $2.3 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 79% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Crosstex Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, XTEX's share price has jumped by 92.82%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- CROSSTEX ENERGY LP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CROSSTEX ENERGY LP reported poor results of -$1.01 versus -$0.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.69 versus -$1.01).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 389.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$16.10 million to -$78.84 million.
- The gross profit margin for CROSSTEX ENERGY LP is currently extremely low, coming in at 13.01%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -16.83% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Crosstex Energy Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts