Frontier Communications Corp Class B (NASDAQ: FTR) shares currently have a dividend yield of 8.30%. Frontier Communications Corporation, a communications company, provides regulated and unregulated voice, data, and video services to business, residential, and wholesale customers in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 80.35. The average volume for Frontier Communications Corp Class B has been 7,746,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Frontier Communications Corp Class B has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the telecommunications industry. Shares are up 12.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Frontier Communications Corp Class B as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- 44.90% is the gross profit margin for FRONTIER COMMUNICATIONS CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of FTR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.98% trails the industry average.
- FRONTIER COMMUNICATIONS CORP's earnings per share declined by 42.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. However, the consensus estimates suggest that there will be an upward trend in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FRONTIER COMMUNICATIONS CORP's EPS of $0.14 remained unchanged from the prior years' EPS of $0.14. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.23 versus $0.14).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, FRONTIER COMMUNICATIONS CORP underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 47.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $67.00 million to $35.40 million.
- You can view the full Frontier Communications Corp Class B Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts