Reminder - Canadian Oil Sands (COS) Goes Ex-Dividend Soon
On 11/20/13, Canadian Oil Sands Ltd. (TSX: COS.TO) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.35, payable on 11/29/13. As a percentage of COS's recent stock price of $20.92, this dividend works out to approximately 1.67%, so look for shares of Canadian Oil Sands Ltd. to trade 1.67% lower — all else being equal — when COS shares open for trading on 11/20/13.
Below is a dividend history chart for COS, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.35 declared by Canadian Oil Sands Ltd.:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from COS is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 6.69% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of COS shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, COS's low point in its 52 week range is $18.62 per share, with $21.93 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $20.96.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, COS makes up 7.30% of the Guggenheim Canadian Energy Income ETF (ENY) which is trading up by about 0.2% on the day Monday. In Monday trading, Canadian Oil Sands Ltd. shares are currently up about 0.1% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV