Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Toronto-Dominion Bank as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $30.5 million.
- TD has traded 294,491 shares today.
- TD is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TD NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on TD: The Toronto-Dominion Bank, together with its subsidiaries, provides financial and banking services in North America and internationally. The company's Canadian Personal and Commercial Banking segment offers various financial products and services to personal and small business customers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.5%. TD has a PE ratio of 30.8. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Toronto-Dominion Bank a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.The average volume for Toronto-Dominion Bank has been 373,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Toronto-Dominion has a market cap of $85.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are unchanged year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Toronto-Dominion Bank as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for TORONTO DOMINION BANK is currently very high, coming in at 80.35%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, TD's net profit margin of 19.79% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 53.22% to $11,472.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, TORONTO DOMINION BANK's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 74.32%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- TORONTO DOMINION BANK's earnings per share declined by 11.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TORONTO DOMINION BANK increased its bottom line by earning $6.77 versus $6.42 in the prior year.
- You can view the full Toronto-Dominion Bank Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about TD
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV