Today CME Group (CME) Hits New Five Year High
- CME has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $125.1 million.
- CME has traded 1.5 million shares today.
- CME is trading at a new five year high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CME with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CME NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CME: CME Group Inc. operates the CME, CBOT, NYMEX COMEX, and KCBT futures exchanges worldwide. It operates CBOT exchange, a marketplace for trading agricultural and the U.S. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. CME has a PE ratio of 27.6. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate CME Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for CME Group has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. CME Group has a market cap of $26.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.09 and a short float of 2.3% with 4.12 days to cover. Shares are up 55.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CME Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, CME is up 47.19% to its most recent closing price of 78.84. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- The net income increased by 8.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $218.00 million to $236.70 million.
- The gross profit margin for CME GROUP INC is rather high; currently it is at 65.14%. Regardless of CME's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year.
- You can view the full CME Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.