TELUS' Customers First approach sets the standard for wireless service in Canada
TORONTO, Nov. 18, 2013 /CNW/ - TELUS, the Canadian wireless industry's leader in coast-to-coast customer service, today reported that by the end of November it will have implemented all necessary requirements of the CRTC's Wireless Code of Conduct. The Code, which comes into effect on December 2, 2013, establishes a common set of rights for all wireless consumers in Canada. TELUS supports the Code, and in fact has been the leader in adopting many of these customer-friendly provisions long before the Code was drafted.
"By listening to our customers and using their feedback to make substantive changes, TELUS has earned the best national customer loyalty in our industry by far," said David Fuller, TELUS Chief Marketing Officer. "With our postpaid wireless churn falling below one per cent last quarter, and a 27 per cent year-over-year decline in customer complaints according to the most recent CCTS report, TELUS is clearly leading the way in delivering a differentiated customer experience. We are very proud to have pioneered many of the Code's central ideas and we remain committed to finding new ways to ensure we continue to put customers first."
Customer-friendly initiatives introduced by TELUS as part of its Customers First approach include:
- November 2009 : Elimination of extra fees for system access and carrier 911 services on all our Clear and Simple rate plans
- May 2010 : Anytime Upgrades removing unfair cancellation fees in favour of a simple Device Balance
- June 2010 : Notifications for data usage in Canada and while roaming abroad to help avoid bill shock
- February 2011 : Easy and inexpensive device unlocking after 90 days
- April 2012 : Clear, simple and plain language Service Terms.
- October 2012 : Elimination of device activation fees for new and renewing customers
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts