Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) announces that Principal Scientist Dr. Angelos Kyrlidis will speak at IDTechEx Graphene LIVE! USA 2013. The international conference and tradeshow covering the applications and latest technology developments of graphene will take place Nov. 20-21, 2013, in Santa Clara, Calif.
Dr. Kyrlidis will share his industry expertise and perspective in his presentation titled “Engineering Functional Carbon Additives for Various Applications: From Carbon Black to Graphenes.” The presentation will focus on how Cabot has developed functional carbon additives that play an important role for a variety of applications that are driving growth in key industries. The morphology and surface chemistry of these products define their performance (reinforcement, color, electrical conductivity, rheology, etc.). Dr. Kyrlidis will provide some examples from Cabot’s experience working with graphene technology illustrating that:
- Graphene materials are a new family of carbon products that have remarkable properties that hold significant promise and may enable many applications.
- For these new materials to become commercially successful, they must be designed to deliver superior performance and be produced at the right scale for these applications.
“Cabot is exploring the potential opportunities for graphene technology to improve performance for a variety of applications and systems by breaking trade-offs of existing materials. We are building upon our experience with production, handling, surface engineering, and formulation of carbon materials to unlock the potential of graphenes. Partnerships with both industry and academia are also helping us to advance our capabilities,” said Gregg Smith, director of New Business Development.
Graphene is a thin sheet of carbon atoms that has high electrical and thermal conductivity, and is mechanically strong. Graphenes are a family of materials related to graphene that can be used as performance-enhancing materials in polymer composites to add strength, stability, electrical and thermal conductivity, and other properties at lower loading levels than conventional materials. Cabot is working closely with its key customers to further validate these performance improvements. Specifically, in the area of energy storage (e.g., batteries, supercapacitors, etc.), Cabot has recently added graphene products to its portfolio of LITX TM conductive additives for batteries and customers are seeing unmatched performance.For more information on Cabot’s graphene technology, please visit http://www.cabot-corp.com/New-Product-Development/Graphenes. ABOUT CABOT CORPORATIONCabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company is a leading provider of rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, aerogel, and elastomer composites. For more information on Cabot, please visit the company’s website at: http://www.cabotcorp.com. Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Statements in the press release regarding Cabot’s business that are not historical facts are forward looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of such risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward looking statements, see “Risk Factors” in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV