NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Today's buy-and-trade earnings previews focus on eight companies in six sectors that report quarterly results premarket Tuesday including Dow component Home Depot (HD) and electronics and appliance retailer Best Buy (BBY).
These stocks include three from the retail-wholesale sector, and one each in construction, consumer staples, medical, oils-energy and transportation.
The construction sector is 20.7% overvalued with an underweight rating. Of the 158 stocks 54.4% in this sector have sell or strong sell ratings.
The consumer staples sector is 23.9% overvalued with an overweight rating. Of the 260 stocks 41.9% in this sector have buy or strong buy ratings.The medical sector is 25% overvalued with an equal-weight rating. Of the 774 stocks 60.5% in this sector have hold ratings. The oils-energy sector is 18.9% overvalued with an equal-weight rating. Of the 551 stocks 58.8% in this sector have hold ratings.
Reading the TableOV/UN Valued: Stocks with a red number are undervalued by this percentage. Those with a black number are overvalued by that percentage according to ValuEngine. VE Rating: A "1-engine" rating is a strong sell, a "2-engine" rating is a sell, a "3-engine" rating is a hold, a "4-engine" rating is a buy and a "5-engine" rating is a strong buy. Last 12-Month Return (%): Stocks with a red number declined by that percentage over the last 12 months. Stocks with a black number increased by that percentage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV