MOSCOW, Nov. 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mechel OAO (NYSE:MTL), one of the leading Russian mining and metals companies, reports its participation in the 19th International Industrial Exhibition Metal-Expo' 2013, which was held at the All-Russia Exhibition Center in Moscow on November 12-15, 2013.
- Chelyabinsk Metallurgical Plant's universal rolling mill, launched in July 2013, won the Main Event in the Russian Steel Industry 2013 nomination.
- Mechel-Service OOO was acknowledged the best sales network by sales volume.
- Chelyabinsk Metallurgical Plant, Beloretsk Metallurgical Plant and Urals Stampings Plant won gold and silver medals for successful implementation of innovative projects and technologies.
- Chelyabinsk Metallurgical Plant won a silver medal for implementing an automated steel production planning and accounting system on SAP ERP platform.
- Mechel Group's corporate media won awards in the Best Corporate Media in the Steelmaking Industry of Russia and the CIS 2013 contest. Beloretsk Metallurgical Plant's Metallurg newspaper won the Best Steelmaking and Hardware Media nomination, while Mechel-Service's Steel Service magazine won the Best Steel Selling Media nomination. Our Mechel magazine was awarded as the Best Corporate Magazine.
- The book titled "Time. People. Steel", dedicated to Chelyabinsk Metallurgical Plant's 70 th anniversary, won a special diploma "For Popularizing Steelmaking".
- Mechel-Steel Management Company was the laureate of the contest for best video products in the steelmaking industry of Russia and the CIS — Metal Vision 2013.
- Chelyabinsk Metallurgical Plant's Fyodor Shmidt and Beloretsk Metallurgical Plant's Maria Yakovleva won the first and third place respectively in the photo contest "People of the Fiery Profession".