PayPal today announced the $100,000 grand-prize winner of its Battle Hack Series, a global hackathon competition. The two-day Battle Hack World Finals took place at the PayPal Headquarters in San Jose and hosted 10 teams of developers from across the globe. Each team had to win a regional PayPal Battle Hack competition to qualify for the finale. At the event, competitors were tasked with building an application that incorporated the PayPal API and benefited the community in some way.
The $100,000 grand prize was awarded to the team from Moscow who created an app called Donate Now. Second place went to team Tel Aviv (Dañny Leshém, Yaniv Ben Zaken, Maya Marom and Yoav Amit) for RunPal, an app that connects users with other runners around the world to encourage them to get running. And, third place went to team Miami (Alexander Sjögren, Jose Pimienta and Osniel Gonzalez) for LoanPal, a peer-to-peer lending service.
Donate Now uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology and PayPal to allow anyone to instantly donate to a cause in the moment without filling in lengthy forms right from their mobile devices, whenever and wherever they see an opportunity for giving in their daily lives. The team consisted of four members: Sergey Pronin, Alexander Balabna, Bayram Annakov, and Oksana Tretiakova.
“We’re thrilled to share that the awesome team from Moscow has won $100,000 for its innovative Donate Now app,” said John Lunn, Global Director of PayPal’s Developer Network. “We truly believe that developers can help change the world. The goal of our Battle Hack program is to find the best and brightest developers across the globe that could do just that. The response from our inaugural Battle Hack competition has been overwhelming, with several cities selling out and bringing talented hackers.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV