2 Killed, 20 Injured In Colorado Mining Accident
OURAY, Colo. (AP) a¿¿ Two workers were killed and 20 others were injured in a mining accident near the southwestern Colorado town of Ouray.
Ouray County spokeswoman Marti Whitmore says the sheriff's office was called to the Revenue Virginius mine at about 7:20 a.m. Sunday. The miners were trapped underground, and they were confirmed dead Sunday afternoon.
Star Mine Operations, LLC, the owner of the mine, could not be reached for comment, but Whitmore says the company has accounted for all of the workers at the site.
She says 20 people were taken to area hospitals, and all but two have been treated and released. The circumstances of the accident and the conditions of the hospitalized workers have not been released.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV