Forbes Media Puts Itself Up for Sale
NEW YORK -- The president and CEO of Forbes Media says the family-owned magazine publisher has put itself up for sale.
In a Friday letter to employees, Mike Perlis said that Forbes Media has received "more than a few" indications of interest from potential buyers.
"The frequency and serious nature of these overtures have brought us to a decision point," Perlis said in his letter. "We're organizing a process to test the waters regarding a sale of Forbes Media."
As a result, the company has hired Deutsche Bank to represent it and help it explore its options. Perlis said the company expects "numerous suitors."Like other magazine publishers, Forbes has dealt with the continued consumer and advertiser shift away from print publications. But Perlis noted that this year is expected to be company's best financial performance in the past six years, helped by growth in digital revenue, along with licensing and conferences. He added that over the past three years the number of unique visitors to Forbes.com has grown to 26 million from 12 million. Forbes Media, which is controlled by the Forbes family, includes Forbes magazine, which has covered wealth and finance since 1917. It's known for its annual lists of global billionaires and richest people in America.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV