It did. And, in classic Amazon fashion, what a most convenient perk of being an Amazon Prime member.
And it looks as if Amazon might have succeeded in doing something hundreds of political officials before it failed to do. It makes the United States Postal Service (USPS) look cool and hip:
I've never been one to dog the post office for its service. In fact, I have always been quite happy with it. For an outfit with so many structural problems, it's quite efficient, at least when it comes to delivering the mail. Anyhow, Amazon must have its name, image-wise, written all over this USPS-saving Sunday delivery initiative. The mail carrier appears more casual than the standard weekday and Saturday postal employees. This jibes with how Amazon does business, namely its Amazon Fresh grocery delivery service in the Seattle and Los Angeles areas. I'll have a full treatment on why investors should be bullish AMZN headed into the holidays Monday morning on TheStreet. My thesis goes beyond Amazon's ongoing and obvious retail dominance, illustrated most recently by this move to further squash its lame brick-and-mortar based competition. Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV