The second member of the family, the 777-8X, will be the most flexible jet in the world. The airplane will seat 350 passengers and offer an incredible range capability of more than 9,300 nautical miles (17,220 km). In addition, the airplane will have unmatched takeoff and payload capability compared to the competition.
"The airplane will build on the market-leading 777 and will provide superior operating economics," said Conner. "The airplane will be 12 percent more fuel efficient than any competing airplane, necessary in today's competitive environment."
The 777X introduces the latest technologies in multiple places, including the most advanced commercial engine ever – the GE9X by GE Aviation – and an all-new high-efficiency composite wing that has a longer span than today's 777. The airplane's folding, raked wingtip and optimized span deliver greater efficiency, significant fuel savings and complete airport gate compatibility.
Like the 787 Dreamliner which was launched as the 7E7, the 777X will be formally named at a later date. Design of the 777X is underway and suppliers will be named in the coming months. Production is set to begin in 2017, with first delivery targeted for 2020.Contacts: Scott Lefeber (in Dubai)777X Communications+1 425-213-9445 email@example.com Doug Alder (in Seattle)Boeing Media Relations+1 206-544-1814 firstname.lastname@example.org www.boeing.com 777X images available for download at this link: http://bcacom.navigon.net//data/public/713986b7fb536aa68b01e111485c8393.php?lang=en 777X animated video available for download at this link: http://bcacom.navigon.net//data/public/3e4035b58fcf8395bb82c198388a48a7.php?lang=en More information: www.newairplane.com/777X (link will be active shortly after release) SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV