10. Accumulation White IPA
New Belgium Brewing, Fort Collins, Colo.
Admittedly, we looked at this beer slightly askance when it came out of its bottle with the cozy image of an Airstream in the snow. New Belgium warns that it's a white IPA -- just about the direct opposite of every other dark, malty holiday beer out there -- but seeing that champagne-pale color and fizz was still a bit jarring.
The flavor, however, wasn't in the least. The brewery claims there are Centennial and Target hops in here, but the Amarillo and especially the Mosaic hops used in the dry-hopping process for flavor and aroma are right out front. That's where you want them, as Mosaic hops give a beer a nice, fruity flavor without being as citric-acidic as a Citra hop or as puckeringly bitter as a Cascade. It wants to be super bitter, but that sweetness in the initial taste just carries through. It's one of those great holiday presents that you didn't ask for, but didn't know you wanted until you opened it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV