5 Tips For Black Friday Credit Card Spending
The consultant says 55% of U.S. adults say they will shop on the day after Thanksgiving, up from 44% in 2011. Thirty percent of consumers say they will do their Black Friday shopping online, up from 25% last year.
Another trend: 38% of Americans say they will actually shop on Thanksgiving Day, getting a jump on discounts and deals retailers typically offer on Black Friday.
"Retailers are mindful that during the 2013 Thanksgiving-Christmas shopping period, they will have six days less in which to tempt shoppers through their doors, so many will go big and go early," says Chris Donnelly, global managing director at Accenture. "Thanksgiving Day shopping is now a firm fixture in the holiday season. We will see more stores opening early on that day in order to capture their share of consumer spending."No matter if you shop on Thanksgiving Day or Black Friday, take special care of your credit card this holiday season. (JPM) Freedom card offers 5% cash back on Amazon.com (AMZN) and on select department stores through Dec. 31." The last, best move with your holiday credit card starting on Black Friday is to stick your credit card back in your desk when you reach your budget limit. That removes any temptation to keep spending money you really don't have to spend and chance ruining an otherwise happy holiday season. Or, as Harzog puts it, if you give in to temptation and exceed your holiday budget, you could still be paying for your purchases in the summer of 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV