By The Associated Press=
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 85.48 points, or 0.5 percent, to 15,961.70. The Nasdaq composite rose 13.23 points, or 0.3 percent, to 3,985.97. The S&P 500 added 7.56 points, or 0.4 percent, to 1,798.18.
Oil rose 8 cents to close at $93.84 a barrel. Brent crude, the benchmark for an international variety of crude, gained 22 cents to $108.50 a barrel on the ICE exchange in London.Wholesale gasoline fell 3 cents to $2.66 a gallon. Heating oil gained 1 cent to $2.94 a gallon. Natural gas rose 6 cents to $3.66 per 1,000 cubic feet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV