JACKSON, Mich., Nov. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Consumers Energy, Michigan's largest utility and the fourth-largest U.S. combination utility, announced today several leadership changes that reinforce the company's customer-focused strategy.
"Our Promise to Michigan is to leave it better than we found it. Today's announcement positions Consumers Energy strategically to continue providing our 3 million customers with excellent electric and natural gas service," said John Russell, president and chief executive officer for Consumers Energy.
Consumers Energy's Board of Directors approved the following leadership changes:
- Ronn Rasmussen is named vice president of strategy and research, reporting to John Russell. A 36-year company veteran, he previously served as vice president of rates and regulation. In his new position he will help to expand the company's research function, as well as lead strategy efforts, including initiatives, development and integration.
- Patti Poppe is named vice president of customer experience, rates and regulation. She previously served as vice president of customer experience and operations, and joined the company in 2011. Reporting to John Russell, Poppe maintains responsibility for customer experience and satisfaction and adds budget planning, rates and regulatory affairs. Prior to joining Consumers Energy, Poppe served in leadership roles at General Motors Co. and DTE Energy.
- Garrick Rochow is named vice president of customer operations and quality. A 14-year employee, he previously served as vice president of energy delivery. Rochow led the company's successful transformation of energy delivery, including improvements in electric service reliability. His new role recognizes that quality begins with the customer, and he will draw on synergies between energy delivery and customer value in his new leadership role.
- Mary Palkovich is named vice president of energy delivery, and is responsible for safe and reliable electric and natural gas service to customers. Palkovich has extensive leadership and gas distribution experience, and formerly served as executive manager of gas asset management. Before joining Consumers Energy last year, she was vice president of gas engineering & technical services at CenterPoint Energy in Minneapolis and Houston.
- Rich Ford is named vice president of transmission. He will lead the initial phase of Consumers Energy's return to the electric transmission business with a focus on potential customer benefits. A 36-year employee, Ford most recently served as vice president of generation operations.
- Guy Packard is named vice president of generation operations. He previously served as general manager of the Company's Karn/Weadock generating complex ( Essexville) and the J.H. Campbell generating complex ( West Olive). Packard will provide customer-driven management of the company's generation assets and lead the transition of the generating fleet.
Consumers Energy, Michigan's largest utility, is the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy (NYSE: CMS), providing natural gas and electricity to 6.6 million of the state's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.For more information regarding Consumers Energy, visit us at: www.consumersenergy.com or join us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/consumersenergymichigan SOURCE Consumers Energy
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts