George Tsemberlis, Kapitall: The PlayStation 4 has arrived. What will the day one experience bring?
It’s launch day for the PlayStation 4, and gamers have been looking forward to the gaming and social experience promised by this first wave in the next generation of consoles. So what do Sony (SNE) and its partner companies have in store for early adopters?
Read more from Kapitall: Will Nintendo and AMD Benefit from Xbox, PlayStation Console Refresh?
Click the interactive chart below to see Sony's stock price over the past year.If you haven’t already pre-ordered your PlayStation 4, your day one experience will likely be delayed. Online retailers such as Amazon (AMZN) are entirely depleted of preorder units, with no guarantee when they will return to stock. Brick and mortar retailers Wal-Mart (WMT), GameStop (GME), Target (TGT), and Best Buy (BBY) promised to have a limited number of consoles available at retail for midnight releases across the country. Maybe you already bundled up and got in line. If you survived the crowds (or had the foresight to preorder) you probably picked up a few games as well. Next-gen versions of Battlefield 4 (EA) and Call of Duty: Ghosts (ATVI) are available, as well as launch titles Knack and Injustice: Gods Among Us—Ultimate Edition (TWX). After getting your fill of gaming, you may want to explore some of the social and media services available to you. You can:
- Post video or highlights from your play session to Facebook (FB).
- Stream video via Amazon, Netflix (NFLX) and Redbox (VZ) for a more passive entertainment experience.
- Take a relaxing hot bath…. while continuing to game via the PS4's ability to stream itself to the PlayStation Vita handheld console.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV