Google Play Music is on Apple's iOS operating system and is available to download immediately. Google Play Music will offer a standard service, and All Access options, which allows you save music to the cloud and stream songs to various devices.
"With both All Access and the standard service, the Google Play Music app lets you listen to your music collection anywhere," reads the app description in iTunes. "All your music is stored online, so no need to worry about syncing, storage space or offline playback. You can listen across any device and on the web, seamlessly."
The All Access service allows users to listen to unlimited songs, create their own custom radio stations, similar to what's seen in Pandora and iTunes Radio, skip songs with no skip limit, get smart recommendations and get handcrafted playlists. This services costs $9.99 per month, but users downloading it to an iOS device will get the first month free to test it out.
Unlike Pandora or iTunes Radio, there is no free, ad-supported version, which may serve as a distinction to some, causing people to choose one service or another.
There's already an app available on Google's Android operating system.
Google had previously unveiled the streaming service back in May, at its I/O developer conference.
Shares of the Internet search giant were little changed in Friday trading, off 0.03% to $1,034.95.
--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York
>Contact by Email.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV