JACKSON, Mich., Nov. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Kurt L. Darrow, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of La-Z-Boy Incorporated, has been elected to CMS Energy's Board of Directors, effective November 15, 2013. Darrow is also joining the Board of Directors of Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy. Darrow will serve on the Compensation and Human Resources Committee and Finance Committee for both Boards.
Prior to his appointment as President and CEO of La-Z-Boy in 2003, and Chairman in 2011, Darrow was President of La-Z-Boy Residential, the flagship (and industry-leading) brand and largest division of La-Z-Boy Incorporated. During his 34 years with the company, it grew from one known primarily for its world-famous reclining chairs into one of the world's leading residential home furnishings producers and retailers, marketing furniture for every room of the home.
Born and raised in Michigan, where La-Z-Boy is headquartered, Darrow is a Member of the Board and Executive Committee of Business Leaders for Michigan, a non-profit leadership organization, and serves as Vice Chairman on the Board of Mercy Memorial Hospital in Monroe. He is also a Board Member of the American Home Furnishings Alliance, and served as its Chairman in 2008.
Darrow earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in business administration from Adrian College, where he also served as a Member of the college's Board of Trustees from 2002 to 2011.CMS Energy (NYSE: CMS) is a Michigan-based company that has an electric and natural gas utility, Consumers Energy, as its primary business and also owns and operates independent power generation businesses. For more information on CMS Energy, please visit our web site at: www.cmsenergy.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV