NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Now that most retailers have their Black Friday circulars out, where can consumers get the best deals?
According to a preliminary Thanksgiving weekend shopping survey by the National Retail Federation (NRF), up to 140 million people plan to or will shop over the Thanksgiving weekend from Thursday through Sunday.
With many retailers opening their doors on Thanksgiving this year, about 23.5% (33 million) plan to shop on Thanksgiving day. The biggest shopping day of the weekend is still Black Friday, with 69.1% (97 million) of respondents planning to hit the stores then.
As TheStreet's retail reporter, I decided to take a look at some of the more popular retailers with Black Friday circulars.After poring over their contents, it occurred to me that there were more than a few awesome deals that I may have to participate in during Black Friday. Here are some of my favorites: Best Buy If you were eyeing that new Apple (AAPL) iPad Air, Black Friday may be the time to pull the trigger. Best Buy (BBY) is offering the new 16 GB iPad with Wi-Fi availability for $449.99, a savings of $50, which is valid Thanksgiving through Saturday, Nov. 30. Best Buy announced last week that it would also join the growing list of retailers to open on Thanksgiving. The electronics and appliance retailer plans to open its doors at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving, Nov. 28 and remain open until 10 p.m. on Black Friday, Nov. 29. Not gonna lie. This reporter may be heading over to her local Best Buy -- after turkey -- to make a purchase. Kohl's Looking to refresh your housewares and small appliances but don't want to spend the money? Kohl's (KSS) definitely has some good deals going on for Black Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV