XINYU CITY, China and SUNNYVALE, Calif., Nov. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LDK Solar Co., Ltd. ("LDK Solar") (NYSE: LDK), a leading vertically integrated manufacturer of photovoltaic products, today announced the appointment of Dr. Shi Chen to its board of directors. Dr. Chen will serve as a non-executive director.
Dr. Shi Chen, age 52, has over 23 years of working experience in a variety of industries. He is currently a director of Mountain China Resorts (Holdings) Limited, a mountain resort developer in China and listed in TSX Venture Exchange in Canada, and has been holding this position since February 2012. Dr. Chen also served as the president of Caricom Limited, a local Hong Kong investment company, from January 2002 to February 2013, a deputy general manager of Cityford Dyeing & Printing Industrial Limited from March 1998 to December 2001, and a deputy general manager of Yat Chau Holdings Limited from December 1994 to February 1998. Previously, he worked as a deputy head and then the head of policy division of social and economic research center of the People's Government of Hainan Province from July 1989 to November 1994. Dr. Chen obtained a bachelor's degree and a master's degree in economics from Wuhan University in August 1982 and July 1985, respectively. He obtained a doctorate degree in economics from the Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences in July 1989.
"We welcome Dr. Chen to LDK Solar's board of directors," stated Xingxue Tong, President and CEO of LDK Solar. "We believe his broad experience will bring valuable insight and guidance to the Board."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV