- Extending the scheduled final redemption date for Preferred Shares and Class A Shares of the Fund from December 2, 2013 to December 2, 2018;
- Providing a special retraction right (the " Special Retraction Right") to holders of Preferred Shares and Class A Shares of the Fund to enable them to retract their Shares on December 2, 2013 in a manner calculated on the same basis as would have applied had the Fund redeemed all Preferred Shares and Class A Shares in accordance with its existing terms;
- Providing for further extensions of additional terms of approximately five years each, if the Board of Directors of the Fund so determines, and providing holders of Preferred Shares and Class A Shares with a continuing special retraction right (the " Continuing Special Retraction Right"), beginning on December 2, 2018 or on such other date as may be determined by the Board of Directors of the Fund, in connection with such extension;
- Providing a special redemption right to the Fund in connection with the Special Retraction Right and Continuing Special Retraction Right that would permit the Fund to redeem Class A Shares and Preferred Shares on a pro rata basis, or take such other action as the Board of Directors of the Fund so determines, to maintain the same number of Class A Shares and Preferred Shares outstanding;
- Amending the management agreement effective December 1, 2013 for the Fund to provide for a reduction in the management fees paid to the Manager from the current 1.95% per annum of the net asset value (" NAV") of the Fund (plus applicable taxes) to 1.65% per annum of the NAV of the Fund (plus applicable taxes);
- Broadening the investment strategy and removing an investment restriction for the Fund; and
- Permitting the Fund to be terminated prior to any scheduled final redemption date if the Preferred Shares or Class A Shares are delisted from the Toronto Stock Exchange or if the NAV of the Fund declines to less than $5 million for a period of 60 consecutive business days.
Manulife Investments Announces Results Of Special Meeting Of Securityholders To Extend The Term Of Copernican International Financial Split Corp.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts