Protective Life Insurance Company announced it has signed a multiyear agreement to be one of the sponsors of UAB men’s basketball team. The agreement is the second athletics sponsorship for the company in two years.
“We are proud to support the UAB Blazers basketball program,” said Richard J. Bielen, vice chairman and chief financial officer for Protective Life Corporation. “As a world-class university, UAB contributes a great deal to the region in the way of academics, medical facilities and exciting athletic events. Supporting them makes sense for Protective.”
With the agreement, Protective will sponsor the ‘Protective Play of the Game,’ an in-game video feature showing a key defensive play. A different ‘Protective Play of the Game’ will be shown at each of the 17 home games, and be included in the Blazer’s post-game radio show.
“The ‘Protective Play of the Game’ has become an important element of our athletic sponsorships,” Bielen said. “It underscores what is important to us – protecting those closest to you, whether that means putting a ‘W’ in the win column, or ensuring your family’s tomorrow is protected financially with our products.”ABOUT PROTECTIVE LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY Protective Life Insurance Company helps provide financial security through innovative, valuable and affordable insurance and investment products. For more than 100 years, the mission of the company has remained alive in its name. Protective is committed to tearing down the barriers that prevent people from enjoying the peace of mind and satisfaction that come from taking care of their future financial needs and the needs of those who depend on them. By enabling more people to confidently protect their tomorrow, we provide them the freedom to embrace their today. For more information about Protective Life Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Protective Life Corporation (NYSE: PL), visit www.protective.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV