These analysts, and the negativists about Kimberly, seem to not understand the power of the coach to change up the team. They look at Kimberly as this static beast. They don't see that the company's goal is to return capital to shareholders in an aggressive way while still funding all the profitable growth that is necessary. The company gets little to no credit from the analysts for what it has done. But the stock itself has been a horse because of all of the actions it has taken, including a consistent boosting of the dividend while it has shrunk the share count by about 8% over the last few years.
Kimberly-Clark is an illustration of why this market is such a tough short. People keep leaving Kimberly, and analysts don't trust it, because of that future tapering. As for Kimberly's management, it doesn't care about tapering either way. It cares about bringing out value, as it did last night. Given the track record, I am siding with management. But, then again, what do I know? I am just a small-minded guy who pays attention to the work Tom Falk does -- not to the work of the big-time strategists who hang on the word of every Fed minion out there. I guess I am just old-fashioned, both in my style and in my belief that what matters isn't sounding smart -- it's making money.
At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, had no positions in the securities mentioned.
Editor's Note: This article was originally published at 8:00 a.m. EST on Real Money on Nov. 15.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV