Currencies: Dollar Makes Gains as Election Saga Nears End
The dollar is making gains today after what looks like a definitive end to the U.S. election saga.
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled last night that the Florida recount is unconstitutional, and remanded back to the Florida Supreme Court the decision on how to properly recount votes -- time permitting. Effectively this looks like a win for Texas Governor George W. Bush. And as noted almost daily here, election certainty lends itself to a stronger equity market and a stronger U.S. currency.
Elsewhere overnight, there were "three very high profile reports that suggest that the economic weakness
This morning, the U.S.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV