AirAsia And UNICEF Airlift Supplies To Tacloban To Support Families Affected By Super Typhoon Haiyan
NEW YORK, Nov. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- With the generous support of AirAsia, UNICEF airlifted essential supplies to Tacloban today to support children and families affected by Super Typhoon Haiyan.
Fifteen metric tons of free cargo space - donated by AirAsia - containing 3,000 hygiene kits are being delivered to Tacloban over three days in three AirAsia flights. 100 hygiene kits were initially airlifted today. Each hygiene kit includes enough supplies for a family of six and includes soap, water containers, detergent, toothpaste, toothbrushes, and sanitary pads. In total, these kits will benefit 18,000 people in dire need of such provisions.
"UNICEF's private sector partnerships are important at a time like this when we all need to join together to reach vulnerable children affected by this emergency. We are grateful to AirAsia for their generosity," UNICEF Philippines Representative Tomoo Hozumi said.How to help: For more information or to make a tax-deductible contribution to UNICEF's relief efforts, please contact the U.S. Fund for UNICEF: Website: www.unicefusa.org/philippines Toll free: 1-800-FOR-KIDS Mail: 125 Maiden Lane, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10038 Find us on Twitter: @unicefusa, #Haiyan; join us on Facebook: UNICEF-USA About UNICEFThe United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in more than 190 countries and territories to save and improve children's lives, providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. The U.S. Fund for UNICEF supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy, and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when zero children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. SOURCE U.S. Fund for UNICEF
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV