New Lifetime High Reached: MSCI (MSCI)
- MSCI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.4 million.
- MSCI has traded 333,883 shares today.
- MSCI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MSCI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MSCI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MSCI: MSCI Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides a suite of performance, risk management, and corporate governance products and services worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Performance and Risk, and Governance. MSCI has a PE ratio of 22.3. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates MSCI a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for MSCI has been 535,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. MSCI has a market cap of $4.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.13 and a short float of 3.6% with 7.19 days to cover. Shares are up 34.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates MSCI as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, impressive record of earnings per share growth and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, MSCI is up 55.61% to its most recent closing price of 40.63. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- The net income increased by 14.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $48.27 million to $55.31 million.
- MSCI INC has improved earnings per share by 17.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MSCI INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.48 versus $1.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.22 versus $1.48).
- The gross profit margin for MSCI INC is rather high; currently it is at 69.01%. Regardless of MSCI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year.
- You can view the full MSCI Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.