Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified McKesson (MCK) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified McKesson as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MCK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $252.5 million.
- MCK has traded 1.3 million shares today.
- MCK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MCK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MCK NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on MCK: McKesson Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, delivers pharmaceuticals, medical supplies, and health care information technologies to the healthcare industry primarily in the United States. It operates in two segments, McKesson Distribution Solutions and McKesson Technology Solutions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. MCK has a PE ratio of 26.7. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate McKesson a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.The average volume for McKesson has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. McKesson has a market cap of $36.5 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. The stock has a beta of 1.09 and a short float of 0.8% with 1.70 days to cover. Shares are up 63.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates McKesson as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MCK's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.61, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Despite the fact that MCK's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.62, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 65.05% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- MCKESSON CORP has improved earnings per share by 7.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MCKESSON CORP reported lower earnings of $5.58 versus $5.60 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.60 versus $5.58).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry average. The net income increased by 0.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $401.00 million to $404.00 million.
- You can view the full McKesson Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about MCK
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV