LPL Financial Holdings (LPLA) Reaches New Lifetime High Today
- LPLA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.6 million.
- LPLA has traded 622,666 shares today.
- LPLA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LPLA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LPLA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LPLA: LPL Financial Holdings Inc. provides an integrated platform of brokerage and investment advisory services to independent financial advisors and financial advisors at financial institutions in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. LPLA has a PE ratio of 25.3. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate LPL Financial Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for LPL Financial Holdings has been 673,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. LPL Financial has a market cap of $4.2 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.33 and a short float of 2.4% with 1.59 days to cover. Shares are up 47.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates LPL Financial Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, LPL FINANCIAL HOLDINGS INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- LPL FINANCIAL HOLDINGS INC has improved earnings per share by 16.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LPL FINANCIAL HOLDINGS INC reported lower earnings of $1.37 versus $1.50 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.38 versus $1.37).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry average. The net income increased by 9.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $34.30 million to $37.63 million.
- The gross profit margin for LPL FINANCIAL HOLDINGS INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 10.02%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 3.57% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full LPL Financial Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts