Perilous Reversal Stock: Geron Corporation (GERN)
- GERN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $57.8 million.
- GERN has traded 6.8 million shares today.
- GERN is down 3.4% today.
- GERN was up 6.4% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GERN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GERN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GERN: Geron Corporation is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company developing a first-in-class telomerase inhibitor, imetelstat, in hematologic myeloid malignancies. The company was founded in 1990 and is based in Menlo Park, California. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Geron Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Geron Corporation has been 3.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Geron has a market cap of $649.7 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.24 and a short float of 5.2% with 0.50 days to cover. Shares are up 258.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Geron Corporation as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its meager revenue growth. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, GERON CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- GERN, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 10.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 13.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- GERN has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 14.40, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- This stock has increased by 300.76% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in GERN do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- GERON CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, GERON CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.54 versus -$0.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.29 versus -$0.54).
- You can view the full Geron Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts