New Lifetime High Reached: Equifax (EFX)
- EFX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $30.9 million.
- EFX has traded 583,771 shares today.
- EFX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EFX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EFX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EFX: Equifax Inc. collects, organizes, and manages various financial, demographic, employment, and marketing information solutions for businesses and consumers. The company's U.S. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. EFX has a PE ratio of 26.0. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Equifax a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Equifax has been 662,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Equifax has a market cap of $7.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.83 and a short float of 1.8% with 4.53 days to cover. Shares are up 19.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Equifax as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, this stock has enjoyed a nice rise of 27.21% which was in line with the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, EFX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- EQUIFAX INC has improved earnings per share by 12.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EQUIFAX INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.19 versus $1.88 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.61 versus $2.19).
- EFX's revenue growth trails the industry average of 21.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 10.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.66, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.32, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for EQUIFAX INC is rather high; currently it is at 65.59%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 15.43% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Equifax Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts