Heavy Trading On Statoil ASA (STO) Before Market Open
- STO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $32.0 million.
- STO traded 186,710 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:55 AM, representing 13.4% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in STO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for STO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on STO: Statoil ASA, an integrated energy company, engages in the exploration, production, transportation, refining, and marketing of petroleum and petroleum-derived products in Norway and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.7%. STO has a PE ratio of 7.6. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Statoil ASA a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Statoil ASA has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Statoil ASA has a market cap of $73.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 8.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Statoil ASA as a buy. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- STO, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 5.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 17.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $2,785.40 million to $2,302.89 million.
- In its most recent trading session, STO has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of the overall market trend could certainly make a critical difference, we do not see any strong reason stemming from the company's fundamentals that would cause a continuation of last year's decline. In fact, the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings.
- STATOIL ASA's earnings per share declined by 14.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, STATOIL ASA reported lower earnings of $3.89 versus $4.15 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 32.6% in earnings ($2.62 versus $3.89).
- You can view the full Statoil ASA Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.