DTS, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTSI), a leader in high-definition audio solutions and audio enhancement technologies, today announced that the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. will ship featuring DTS’ new DTS- HD Master Audio|7.1™ decoder, allowing consumers to receive the ultimate surround sound experience from both physical disc and digitally delivered media. Launched in North America today, November 15, PS4 marks the first product to ship with DTS’ new DTS- HD Master Audio|7.1 decoder.
“Today, there are more than a couple of ways for consumers to access and enjoy entertainment content,” said Brian Towne, executive vice president and chief operating officer at DTS. “Millions of consumers rely on their gaming consoles to serve as their hub for accessing digital content services, holding the expectation that these devices will deliver the same quality video and audio experience that they receive when gaming or watching Blu-ray discs. By featuring DTS’ new DTS- HD Master Audio|7.1 technology, PS4 owners will be able to enjoy the same high-definition 7.1 surround sound experience received on Blu-ray from streaming and VOD services.”
DTS- HD Master Audio|7.1 is the latest delivery profile under the DTS- HD technology portfolio of advanced audio solutions for next-generation content. Designed to deliver the highest quality surround sound experience possible from both physical and digital media, this new decoder supports streamed and downloaded content featuring DTS- HD-encoded audio tracks, as well as optical disc media with soundtracks produced in all DTS formats including DTS-HD Master Audio.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV