ServiceSource® (NASDAQ:SREV), the global leader in recurring revenue management, today announced the findings of its “2013 Customer Loyalty Survey,” a survey of more than 200 IT decision-makers about their relationship with hardware and software vendors.
When asked to describe their relationship with their top IT vendor, “’til death do us part” was far from most respondents’ minds. Fewer than 18 percent described their relationship as “married.” More than half were open to playing the field, with 66 percent defining their relationship with their top IT vendor as either “single,” “open” or “it’s complicated.”
Most IT departments feel neglected and ignored, with 57 percent of respondents only hearing from their vendors at renewal time, if at all. It’s hard not to see why these decision-makers flirt with other suitors. Fifty-two percent of respondents received sales calls or emails at least once a month, with 60 percent of respondents taking sales calls with their vendors’ competitors at least once per quarter.
Other key findings from ServiceSource’s “2013 Customer Loyalty Survey” include:
- 52 percent defined their relationship with their top IT vendor (the one they spend the most on) as either "open" or "it's complicated."
- 52 percent of respondents received calls or emails from their vendors’ competitors at least once per month.
- 42 percent take sales calls from their vendors’ competitors at least once per quarter; 20 percent take them at least once per month.
- Over 25 percent of respondents participate in competitor webcasts every quarter, with 69 percent at least once a year.
- Nearly half of respondents (49 percent) have used competitive intelligence from a sales meeting to renegotiate a current contract.
- Sixty five percent of on-premise software respondents view SaaS as a potential suitor to replace existing systems.
- Of those with a preference, respondents were twice as satisfied with their hardware vendors as their software vendors, indicating that loyalty is harder to maintain as you move up the technology stack.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV