MAXIMUS (NYSE: MMS), a leading provider of government services worldwide, today reported financial results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year ended September 30, 2013.
Highlights for the fourth quarter and the full fiscal year include:
- Fourth quarter revenue grew 28% to $384.3 million; GAAP diluted earnings per share from continuing operations increased 50% to $0.51; and adjusted diluted earnings per share increased 38% to $0.51.
- Fiscal 2013 revenue grew 27% to $1.33 billion; GAAP diluted earnings per share from continuing operations increased 54% to $1.68; and adjusted diluted earnings per share from continuing operations increased 36% to $1.60.
- Cash and cash equivalents totaled $125.6 million at September 30, 2013.
- Signed contract awards reached a record level at $1.9 billion for fiscal 2013 and the sales pipeline remained strong at $2.4 billion at September 30, 2013.
For the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013, revenue increased 28% (30% on a constant currency basis) to $384.3 million, compared to revenue of $300.7 million reported for the same period last year, driven by growth in the Health Segment. Organic revenue growth was 23%. Fiscal 2013 fourth quarter income from continuing operations, net of taxes, totaled $35.6 million, or $0.51 per diluted share. This represents a 50% increase compared to $0.34 reported, on a GAAP basis, for the same period last year.
Revenue for fiscal year 2013 increased 27% (28% on a constant currency basis) to $1.33 billion compared to $1.05 billion reported for fiscal 2012. Fiscal 2013 included approximately $16.0 million in revenue from a terminated contract that the Company excluded from its fiscal 2013 guidance. Fiscal 2013 revenue grew 19% organically compared to the same period last year. Revenue increases for the fiscal year were driven by new work, the expansion of existing contracts, and the acquisition of PSI and Health Management.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV