ATLANTA and DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- PlantBottle Technology ™ from The Coca-Cola Company is applied for the first time beyond PET packaging as part of the interior fabric of a Ford Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid research vehicle
- The Fusion Energi research vehicle uses PlantBottle Technology for seat cushions, seat backs, head restraints, door panel inserts and headliners
- Fabric made from PlantBottle Technology consists of up to 30 percent plant-based materials, showing the broad potential of two global consumer icons to leverage renewable materials to help replace petroleum and other fossil fuels used for traditional PET fabric
The Coca-Cola Company and Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) are fueling more sustainable design by collaborating on a first-ever interior fabric made from the same renewable material used to produce Coca-Cola's PlantBottle Technology ™ packaging.
The two companies today unveiled a Ford Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid vehicle with Coca-Cola PlantBottle Technology interior fabric surfaces covering seat cushions, seat backs, head restraints, door panel inserts and headliners. The research vehicle marks the first time PlantBottle Technology is applied beyond packaging, and affirms a joint commitment by two global consumer icons to develop innovative new products produced from renewable materials.
"By using PlantBottle Technology in a plug-in hybrid, Ford and Coca-Cola are showing the broad potential to leverage renewable materials that help replace petroleum and other fossil fuels, reducing the overall environmental impact of future vehicles," said John Viera, global director of sustainability and vehicle environmental matters at Ford.The collaboration also demonstrates the positive influence that comes from combining two of the most recognizable and respected brands in the world. The Cola-Cola Company and Ford Motor Company together reach billions of consumers in more than 200 countries on six continents.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts