Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (NYSE: ETE) today announced that it has priced its previously announced offering of 5.875% senior notes due January 2024 (the “Notes”). In addition, the Company increased the size of the offering of the Notes from $400.0 million to $450.0 million. The Notes were priced at par, resulting in total proceeds of approximately $445.5 million (before expenses). The Notes initially will be secured on a first-priority basis with the loans under ETE’s senior secured revolving credit facility, ETE’s senior secured term loan facility and the obligations under ETE’s existing 7.500% Senior Notes due 2020 (the “2020 Notes”), by a lien on substantially all of ETE’s and certain of ETE’s subsidiaries’ tangible and intangible assets that from time to time secure ETE’s obligations under such indebtedness, subject to certain exceptions and permitted liens and subject to the terms of a collateral agency agreement. The liens securing the Notes will be released in full if liens do not secure more than a threshold level of senior obligations (so long as liens securing the 2020 Notes are similarly released), after which the Notes will be unsecured. The Notes will be ETE’s senior obligations, ranking equally in right of payment with ETE’s other existing and future unsubordinated indebtedness and senior to any of ETE’s future subordinated indebtedness. The offering is expected to close on December 2, 2013.
ETE intends to use the net proceeds from this offering, together with a portion of the net proceeds from its new $1.0 billion term loan credit facility and its new $600.0 million revolving credit facility, to fund its previously announced tender offer (the “Tender Offer”) to purchase for cash up to an aggregate of $600.0 million principal amount of its outstanding 2020 Notes from registered holders of the 2020 Notes, including any related fees, expenses and accrued interest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV