Andreas Halvorsen’s Viking Global teamed up with other tiger cubs in buyingaBaidu Inc (BIDU). Viking initiated a new position in the Chinese language search engine with 2.67 million shares. Tiger Consumer also increased its position in Baidu over the same period.
Take a look at Viking Global’s investment process here.
Viking Global’s top holdings
Other companies that the hedge fund bought were Facebook Inc (FB) 4.4 million shares and Lowe’s Companies, Inc.a (LOW) 17.3 million shares, making Lowe’s its fifth-largest position. Matching his buys with Tiger Global, Halvorsen also boughtaa9 million shares ofaYahoo! Inc. (YHOO) and 24.5 million shares of Twenty-First Century Fox Inca (FOXA) in the past quarter.
Viking Global’s added positions
Viking Global added to its stake in Micron Technology, Inc.a (MU), taking its total to 37 million shares.
Viking Global’s sold out positions
Viking Global exited its position in Apple Inc. (AAPL) entirely in the last quarter. Other hedge funds who have sold Apple in Q3 are, Tiger Veda and Leon Cooperman’s Omega Advisors.
Halvorsen also sold out of the Dreamliner jet maker,aThe Boeing Companya (BA). The fund sold nearly 8 million shares of the company, the other noted hedge fund manager who said goodbye to Boeing for now was Barry Rosenstein’s Jana Partners.
Viking also exited Gilead Sciences, Inc.a (GILD), Elan Corporation, plc ADRa (ELN),aQUALCOMM, Inc. (QCOM), Priceline.com Inca (PCLN), Cisco Systems, Inc.a (CSCO)aand News Corp (NWSA) (NWS)ain the third quarter.
-By Tabinda Hussain
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV