The ACE Group today announced it will release the results of an industry-wide survey on construction safety conducted by Advisen and sponsored by ACE during the annual IRMI Construction Risk Conference to be held in San Diego, CA on November 18, 2013. The purpose of the survey was to define the current state of construction safety and to provide a benchmark for organizations looking to improve their safety culture and programs. The survey was distributed to more than 2,200 risk managers and brokers who focus on the construction industry. Key findings include:
- A large majority of contractors are committed to safeguarding their workers, however, there is a substantial opportunity for improvement. Currently, one in six risk managers revealed they do not develop project-specific safety programs.
- Survey respondents indicated that the upfront cost of safety can be overwhelming for both small and large enterprises.
The full results of the survey will be shared by a panel comprised of Geoffrey Hall, Senior Vice President, ACE Construction; Jim Blinn, Executive Vice President, Advisen Ltd.; and Brian F. Cooper, Managing Director, National Construction Division, Arthur J. Gallagher & Company.
ACE will also be represented on various panel sessions throughout the conference. On November 19, Joseph Crowther, Vice President and ACE Construction Claims Client Executive will participate in a session on Best Practice for Wrap-Up Claims. That same day, Stephen Buonpane, Vice President, ACE Construction will co-present in a session with Joe Russo, Senior Vice President/Regional Practice Leader, and David Risko, National Casualty Broker, both from Aon Risk Services, on Building a Better Marketing Submission. Finally, Diana Eichfeld, Assistant Vice President, ACE Environmental Risk and Frank Westfall, Vice President, ESIS, Inc., Health Safety & Environmental Services, will lead a session on Water-Based Environmental Exposures in Construction on November 20 th. For full session details, please visit the IRMI Construction Risk Conference website.
Commenting on ACE’s participation, William Hazelton, Executive Vice President, ACE Construction Practice Leader said, “We are pleased to be able to partner with Advisen to produce our first industry survey on safety and to provide the results at one of the industry’s largest events. We are also proud that several of our industry experts will represent ACE on various panels throughout the conference.” He added, “It’s crucial that safety be a key priority for all those involved in construction projects. Economic conditions and the evolving role of the risk manager can affect an organization’s safety culture. It was important to ACE that we solicit feedback from brokers and risk managers to provide the industry with valuable information on current safety benchmarks.” He concluded, “ACE recognizes the complex and technical risks inherent to this industry. In addition to providing value-added information on current trends through surveys and other thought leadership, our practice is committed to offering a full and comprehensive insurance program that includes not only underwriting, but engineering, risk and claims management services to help manage the wide range of risks faced by the construction industry.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV