NEW YORK, Nov. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Attention Anchorman fans – it's time to dust off the red blazer and pour yourself a "scotchy scotch scotch!" Premium TV network EPIX and its joint venture partner, Paramount Pictures, a division of Viacom, Inc., are holding a nationwide search for the next Ron Burgundy. One lucky winner will have the unique opportunity to act as news anchor for the EPIX network and report from the red carpet of the Anchorman 2 : The Legend Continues premiere in NYC on December 15, 2013. As Ron Burgundy himself might say, "It's kind of a big deal."
Fans can audition in one of two ways. To enter online, visit the contest hub IAmRonBurgundy.com beginning November 21, 2013 and watch the "how to submit" video from Channel 4 News Team member Champ Kind ( David Koechner). Fans can upload a 15-second audition video via Instagram using the hashtag #IAmRonBurgundy and use the social networking tools on www.IAMRONBURGUNDY.com to campaign for votes. The entrant who receives the most votes by closing date December 1 will become one of ten finalists.
The remaining nine finalists will be selected from local promotions taking place Thanksgiving weekend across the country. The Channel 4 News set will be on-site in shopping malls in major cities and fans will have the opportunity to create a "screen test" video and share their video with friends via social media. The top local finalists will be selected by a local TV news anchor in each market.
"We're pleased to work with our partner, Paramount, to showcase Anchorman 2 : The Legend Continues," said Mark Greenberg, EPIX CEO and President. "The legend that is Ron Burgundy resonates with all ages and this contest will give one lucky fan the chance to try to fill the shoes of the anchorman we all know and love in anticipation the Anchorman's much awaited sequel."The Channel 4 News set will be on-site on Black Friday, November 29, for screen tests in the following locations:
- New York City – AMC Lincoln Square
- Los Angeles – Westfield Century City
- Dallas – Stonebriar Centre
- Seattle – Northgate Mall
- St. Louis – Chesterfield Mall
- Atlanta – Mall of Georgia
- Denver – Cherry Creek Shopping Center
- Philadelphia/ Cherry Hill, NJ– Cherry Hill Mall
- San Diego – UTC Westfield Shopping Center
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV