Toronto Stock Exchange: MTG
TORONTO, Nov. 14, 2013 /CNW/ - Timbercreek Senior Mortgage Investment Corporation (TSX: MTG) (the "Company") today announced its financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2013 (the "Period").
Third Quarter Highlights
- At a special shareholder meeting held on September 12 th, Shareholders voted in favour of the transition (the "Transition") of the Company from the Canadian securities regulatory regime for investments funds to the regulatory regime for non-investment fund reporting issuers. Over 50% of all shareholders participated in the vote and 99.9% of the votes were voted in favour of the Transition. The Transition took effect on September 13, 2013, while the final conversion of the class shares to common shares will be completed on or before November 30, 2013.
- Net interest income up 73.4% to $7.4 million from $4.3 million.
- Income from operations, less interest on credit facility, plus Transition related costs is up 106% to $5.5 million from $2.7 million.
- Net mortgage investments were up 43% year over year to $392.8 million
- The Company advanced 13 new mortgage investments (Q3 2012 - 10) totaling $47.4 million (Q3 2012 - $132.9 million), had additional advances on existing mortgage and loan investments totaling $5.5 million (Q3 2012 - $3.8 million) and received full repayments on 10 mortgage investments (Q3 2012 - 4) and partial pay downs totaling $52.8 million (Q3 2012 - $49.7 million), resulting in net mortgage investments of $392.8 million ( September 30, 2012 - $274.8 million) as at September 30, 2013.
- The weighted average interest rate on the mortgage investments at September 30, 2013 was slightly higher at 6.71% ( December 31, 2012 - 6.66%).
- The weighted average term to maturity as at September 30, 2013 is 2.4 years ( December 31, 2012 - 3.1 years), well situated within the portfolio's target maturity of 2 - 3 years. At Period end, 79.2% of mortgage investments mature by December 31, 2015.
- The portfolio continues to be well diversified across Canada's largest provinces as follows: Ontario (59.7%), Quebec (16.8%), Alberta (11.9%) and B.C. (6.6%)
- The loan-to-value on the mortgage portfolio at September 30, 2013 was 45.1% ( December 31, 2012 - 53.6%), well below the 70% loan-to-value limit in the Company's asset allocation model.
- During the Period, no mortgage investments were in default and as a result management has determined that no provision for mortgage losses is required for the Period.
- Net interest income earned by the Company in Q3 2013 was $7.4 million (Q3 2012 - $4.3 million), an increase of $3.1 million, or 73.4%, from the same period last year. The increase from the same period last year is a result of fully deploying the equity raised from multiple equity offerings throughout 2012 into mortgage investments.
- The Company received non‐refundable lender fees of $0.6 million (Q3 2012 - $1.0 million) or 1.2% (Q3 2012 - 0.7%) of new mortgage investments funded in Q3 2013.
- Income from operations of $2.4 million were generated (Q3 2012 - $2.9 million) or per Class A, Class B, Class I and Class J share of $0.06, $0.07, $0.05 and $0.10 (Q3 2012 - $0.09, nil, $0.11 and $0.10), respectively. The income from operations in Q3 2013 has decreased from Q3 2012, as the Company incurred a one-time cost of $3.7 million relating to the Company's transition from the Canadian securities regulatory regime for investment funds to the regulatory regime for non-investment fund reporting issuers (the "Public Company Regime").
- The Company paid dividends of $0.15 per Class A share for a total of $5.5 million (Q3 2012 - $0.15; $4.6 million), $0.16 per Class B share for a total of $0.04 million (Q3 2012 -nil; nil), $0.16 per Class I share for a total of $0.08 million (Q3 2012 - $0.16; $0.06 million) and $0.16 per Class J share for a total of $0.02 million (Q3 2012 - $0.16; $0.08 million).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV