CHICAGO, Nov. 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Professional Diversity Network, Inc. (Nasdaq:IPDN) (the "Company"), a developer and operator of online networks that provide access to employment opportunities for diverse professionals in the United States, announced today its quarterly financial results for its fiscal third quarter ended September 30, 2013.
- Direct sales force bookings increased by 152% in third quarter of 2013 versus the second quarter of 2013;
- An additional 122,000 users were registered in the third quarter of 2013, up from 90,000 registered in the second quarter of 2013;
- Operating loss in the third quarter of 2013 versus the second quarter of 2013 was narrowed by 17%, excluding a non-recurring expense accrual of $100,000 associated with the Careerimp acquisition;
- Maintained a liquid balance sheet to execute the planned acquisition strategy and continued investment in our direct sales force; and
- Diversity recruitment services were enhanced with the acquisition of Personnel Strategies, Inc., the new alliance with National Black MBA Association, and additional offerings with the ERICA product related to new OFCCP regulations.