Click on the interactive chart below to see sales data over time.
Do you expect these stocks to continue to see rising gross margins if Congress passes the Drug Quality and Security Act? Use this list as a starting point for your own analysis.
1. Forest Laboratories Inc. (FRX): Develops, manufactures, and sells branded and generic forms of ethical drug products.Market cap at $13.23B, most recent closing price at $50.44. Gross profit margins increased from 76.03% to 77.26% during the first time interval (12 months ending 2011-03-31 vs. 12 months ending 2010-03-31). For the second time interval, gross margins increased from 77.26% to 77.4% (12 months ending 2012-03-31 vs. 12 months ending 2011-03-31). And for the final time interval, gross margins increased from 77.4% to 78.21% (12 months ending 2013-03-31 vs. 12 months ending 2012-03-31). Forest Laboratories sells drugs under two segments: Central Nervous System Franchise and Respiratory Franchise.
2. Allergan Inc. (AGN): Operates as a multi-specialty healthcare company primarily in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and the Asia Pacific. Market cap at $27.19B, most recent closing price at $94.80. Gross profit margins increased from 83.33% to 85.32% during the first time interval (12 months ending 2010-12-31 vs. 12 months ending 2009-12-31). For the second time interval, gross margins increased from 85.32% to 86.18% (12 months ending 2011-12-31 vs. 12 months ending 2010-12-31). And for the final time interval, gross margins increased from 86.18% to 86.7% (12 months ending 2012-12-31 vs. 12 months ending 2011-12-31). Allergan's FDA-approved products include ALPHAGAN, COMBIGAN, and LUNIGAN for glaucoma and other eye conditions as well as BOTOX for overactive bladder, migraines, and several other medical conditions.
3. Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY): Develops, and delivers innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. Market cap at $86.48B, most recent closing price at $51.86.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV