Dollar General (NYSE: DG) will team up with its customers to make a difference for children across America with its annual holiday giving campaign. Beginning Nov. 15, Dollar General customers will have the opportunity to donate to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital’s Thanks and Giving® campaign or the holiday toy drive benefitting the U.S. Marine Corps Toys for Tots Foundation or another local toy drive.
“Dollar General is honored to support the St. Jude Thanks and Giving® campaign, the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Foundation and other local toy drives to make a difference in the communities we serve,” said Rick Dreiling, Dollar General’s chairman and CEO. “Through Dollar General’s commitment to its mission of Serving Others and our customers’ generosity, we are excited to make a positive impact throughout the country.”
For the eighth consecutive year, Dollar General is supporting the St. Jude Thanks and Giving® campaign. Between Nov. 15 and Dec. 15, customers may donate $1 or more at check-out to benefit the children of St. Jude. Since 2006, Dollar General and its customers have supported St. Jude by contributing more than $9.4 million to the Thanks and Giving® campaign. St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is the global leader in finding cures and treating children with cancer and other deadly diseases. Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
From Nov. 15 through Dec. 8, more than 11,000 Dollar General stores will collect new, unwrapped toys for in-store toy drives for the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Foundation or, in certain circumstances, other local toy drives. Additionally, Dollar General will donate $100,000 to the Toys for Tots Foundation in an effort to further help reach children across the country.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV